Tuesday, 25 February 2014

For teachers - Educanon to create interactive videos


 
I love using videos in my classes and with the following tool I can even create my own interactive videos


With Educanon you can choose a video from the web (YouTube, Vimeo, or TeacherTube videos) and embed anything you like. You can  transform what is traditionally passive content into an active experience for students.

You can:
(1) Build. You can add questions, lesson information, paste a video or a url directly INTO any video.
(2) Assign. You can create your class(es) and assign lessons.
(3) Monitor. You can watch student progress in real-time, question-by-question.

The following simple example I made for you is in preview mode (I didn't create my own class). In the actual student lesson, students cannot fast-forward or skip parts. Moreover, when they are asked to answer some questions, they can write in a blank space that you cannot see in the preview mode.

Watch my example: 

An invitation to visit Britain:
http://www.educanon.com/public/10011/23475

I think Educanon it's perfect to create your own video lessons in flipped and blended learning environments.Try it!

6 comments:

  1. I am glad that you found this great tool. I have been recommending it for several months now. If you want help making videos with and for your students, then please let me know? I would like to help you and your students make educational videos that you can turn into lessons using eduCanon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna Breslavskaya from esl teachers community26 February 2014 at 18:11

    Hello, Roberta! I agree, it's a wonderful tool to use for a flipped classroom.
    Just today I've created my first lesson with it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky Shiring from esl teachers community26 February 2014 at 18:20

    This is so awesome, thanks for sharing. I can't wait to share this with the teachers at my school!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely should take a look at edpuzzle.com

    ReplyDelete